Wizard mode is ostensibly used for debugging the game; however, to most players, it's easy mode. To access wizard mode press during play to bring up the console and then type
wizard and hit and then press to close the console.
Once in wizard mode, autosave will be disabled as saving the game (either by pressing external programs.or by quitting normally) makes wizard mode permanent without the use of
Pressingbrings up the console.
|enables wizard mode|
|gain all spells|
|gain all special actions|
|gain between nine hundred million and one billion experience points|
|lists all items in the current map in the console (a little unwieldy)|
Once you have activated Wizard mode, the additional commands can be accessed through the function keys. Due to the debugging nature of Wizard mode, these functions tend to change with each version.
|Saves the game.|
|Load last save.|
|Asks you to load a file.|
|Something's potential for attributes expands. Causes random events. Makes you sleepy. As of 1.19, summons a lot of monsters.|
|Grants a wish.|
|Passes time with a visible transition.|
|Regenerates the dungeon and if available, teleports you down a level. On the world map, this regenerates the location of materials. Using this in Your Home will prevent you from leaving.|
|Clear HUD messages. HUD will return upon movement, messages will not.|
|Same effect as pressing.|
|Dumps your character's information to a text file.|
|Opens the console.|
Pros and ConsEdit
- You can nteract with anything and get Info about it, without having to pay 10k at the informer.
- You are unlikely to starve due to running out of food, as you can just wish for more.
- You have no trouble with HP or MP, thanks to
- You can obtain extra skill points from
- You can get some of the hardest quests with
- You won't have any trouble with monsters or bosses thanks to wishing for a god to appear.
gain_expwill make outdoor encounters almost impossible; however, if you never voluntarily enter an outdoor area, you should be fine.
- It's not known how it's calculated, but quests pay you practically nothing if you overuse
gain_exp. You're mostly stuck with wishing for gold and equipment.
- You don't always get exactly what you wish for.
- Being in wizard mode changes your alias to "*Debug*"
- Your character is ineligible for gene transference if wizard mode is activated (you cannot continue playing with an heir).
- Main article: Wishing
You'd never waste a wish in a normal game. However, in wizard mode, you can pressto make any number of wishes.
If you are hungry,
trave creates a cargo of travelers food,
stoma creates a stomafillia,
cheese creates a hero cheese, which raises HP, and
magic fr gets you a magic fruit, which raises MP. If you feel like cooking something, try wishing for
food processor, or
If you want money, use
gold for a level dependent amount of gold.
platinum creates five platinum coins and
platin creates 8-12 platinum coins.
medal creates 3-5 small medals (note that
medals is not parsed in any special way will only create a single small medal.
If you need to repeat a wish many times, open up a text editor and write your wish there but also include a second line, which should be left blank. For example:
Highlight and copy the text (Edit -> Copy, or+ ), including the second line.
Go back to Elona and hold down theand keys. Now press , which pastes ( + ) what you had copied. The game treats the newline as , so the wish is made without having to do anything. Hold down , , and until you have enough of what you wanted.
- Main article: Special action
gain_spact will give you every special action in the game, including those used by monsters (but not Riding, which you need the Riding skill for, or Pickpocket, which you need the Pickpocket skill for).
Some sample skills:
- Mewmewmew!: This causes 9999999 damage to (It's seven 9's) everyone on the current map. Great if you want to burn down cities without any resistance at all. (although, if you really want to burn a city down, try constantly casting fire wall into a room for about 20 turns and it should fuel a city-crushing fire!) Note that this will also kill your pet. Some may survive the attack with contingency.
- Death word: Kills the target 20 turns later.
- Suicide attack: Same as what a Kamikaze Yeek uses.
- Pregnant: Inserts a vicious ALIEN into the target. It will rip out of them within 1500 turns.