"undoes a bunch of old changes, adds a few QoL things, machine translates some stuff"
Thanks to BloodyShade's outstanding efforts to make source.hsp human-readable, I was able to create my own mod, which I'm sharing for the sake of those who dislike some of the recent changes to Elona+. I've also included simple instructions for compiling Custom yourself, in the hope that people will be able to tailor the game to their liking, and so that they can feel free to discuss strategies without worrying about Ano nerfing them.
Requires Elona+ Custom, available here: https://elona.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:29851
Major changes (the readme file has a complete list):
- Undid nerfs to multiattacking, Gravity Sphere/Graviton Buster/Violent Garden/Shadow Step, Nefia gold rewards, and Junk Make.
- Hydration has been completely removed. Also the Curtain Call "anti-AFK" thing, and that bit where you had to sleep before you could use items with a 24+ hour cooldown.
- No more "Sorry, this is untranslated text." All the untranslated text I could find now has at minimum a machine translation, so that you can get at least a rough idea of the story. I put in more effort where I could; for example, the Adventure Seminar should actually help people now.
- Some typos have been fixed (e.g. "Little Girl" instead of "Little Sister"), and I tried to make names more consistent. (Eye of Eternal Darkness->Origin of Vice, Vessel->Bethel, Ylva->Irva, Rehmido->Remido... I didn't change any instance of "Rehm-Ido" of course, just made the dungeon only have one name.)
- The Super Lure can now be bought from Stoke for 10,000 music tickets.
- Added a few new options to Custom's Tweaks menu. If you want, you can sell furniture in your shop, get EXP from sandbagged enemies, or skip naps while traveling. Also, Custom's Pickpocket popup is now optional.
- SP costs for Fishing and Cooking, as well as the Reading Party and Lock Break actions, have been reduced by 80%. Also, Lock Break no longer destroys an item.
Latest version: 126.96.36.199
Older versions: